Sunday, May 26, 2013

If You are Turning 14 in June, DO NOT READ!

Hello!

I got to play more with my new stamps today!  Have I mentioned how much I love them?!  And Unscripted Sketch #212 was my pick for today.  These sketches are very challenging for me.  They're never "your standard" layout and I really have to think hard to turn the sketch into a card!  And that's EXACTLY what I love about them!

I made this card for my niece who is turning 14 next month (gasp!).   And because she reads my blog often (thanks sweet pea!!) I had to aptly title my post so she doesn't see her card before her birthday.  However, being 14, I'm pretty sure the first thing she is going to do is...LOOK!  Ha ha!!  That's okay though, I will have a little something special written inside the card for her, and she won't see that until she opens it.

Here's the sketch:



And here's what it inspired:




I used Paper Smooches Digits, and two Studio Calico sets - Oh Snap, and Miss You So Much, as well as the little wooden veneer arrow (also SC).  As I mentioned, the sketch was tricky for me, and my interpretation is somewhat abstract.  But each of the smaller circles are represented by the arrow and the banner to the left of the centre circle, and the one and the four on the right.

Hope you like it!  And hope you like it too, Lysh!
Have a good Sunday!  I hope to be back again tomorrow!
Shannon

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love it! I mean what? I totally didn't look at it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing with us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! This is PERFECT for a teen! LOVE the design and the super fun die cut numbers-- FABBBBBY! This is a great card for the Gallery Idol challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card for a teenager - thanks for linking up at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post title - totally an invitation to do the opposite, especially when you're 14! Love the 'temptation' and absolutely, totally and 1000% LOVE your card! WOW! Not only have you rocked the sketch, but you've captured *turning 14* perfectly! Your niece will adore this, and I can only imagine how super special the note inside will be. Beautiful showcase of some of your new products; the 'reveal' of more are events I'm quite excited to see. Your talent and creativity are simply awe-inspiring!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, snap, Shannon, she is going to treasure this!! Love the title of the post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have to say you rocked the layout ... such a youthful and fun design ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah, she will look...but who wouldn't, knowing that a sa-weet creation is just waiting to be seen!

    I have noticed several cards featuring the PS digits in my travels and was thinking that perhaps I need them...yes, your card pushed me over the edge...I do need them!

    Love the colors, love the elements and LOVE the veneer arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! Love this! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!