Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fusion Inspiration

Hello!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms!!!  We celebrated with our Mom yesterday with a little "just girls" breakfast, and had a lovely time.  And good thing we did it a day earlier - we were driving by one of the local chain breakfast places this morning and it WAS HOPping!! 

I've been wanting to play along with the Fusion Challenge for a while now, and this weekend I did!!  I just love the concept, and I wanted to challenge myself to do the Fuse the two inspirations together.

Here are the sketch and photo inspirations:



And here's what I came up with:

 
 


Since my photography skills are horrible, and not made any better by my cheap point and click camera, I tried taking a straight on and and angle shot.  Hopefully you can see a little better!  This is a mish mash...or should a I say fusion...of several different stamp sets, including TAWS, Paper Smooches, Papertrey Ink and Stampin Up.  I found that little tea cup in my stash of rarely used (or in this case, ever used!) stamps, but it seemed just perfect for this challenge.

Thanks for coming by to check it out!!

Have a FABULOUS Mother's Day!
Shannon

7 comments:

  1. FABulous Fusion Shannon! So glad you joined in the experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! The drawn white border really frames your design perfectly. Must remember to try that in the future... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeee...awesome! Fantastic "fusion" in every fashion! Love the pink and yellow; the gingham and dots; the sweet little bird on the adorable mug. This is definitely in the Top 5 of my favourite cards you've made (well, technically ALL your cards are in the "top" category...). Gorgeous! Maybe a stroll to Dynamic Duos to see if it fits there (a 'birthday' celebration of previous duos...). Hope your Sunday was outstanding and that today's even better!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, this is TOTALLY ADORABLE!!! Love everything about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cuute! You've really used the sketch well and I love your use of variegated borders. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my TWEET...such a fun combo of goodness! So glad that you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!