Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dynamic Duel

Hello!

I had a chance to play along with the Dynamic Duos challenge for this week - and I was excited to make a card for this one for two reasons.  Reason #1: last week's challenge got me!  I tried, then tried again, and the results - epic fail!  I think it would have been better called the Dynamic Duel!  The troublesome, rejected little panel is still on my desk, staring me in the face, taunting me!!  So this week, I was bound and determined to stare down the duo and come up with something...anything!!!  And Reason #2: I just received the most glorious happy mail and couldn't wait to break into all of my new stamps and goodies.  I ordered an embarrassing amount of stamps, and should really be ashamed, but I'm not!  I am so excited to have so much more to play with!!!

So with a whole new set of Dynamic Duo colours and a whole lot of new stamps, I went to work.

Here are the Dynamic Duo colours:



And my card:




It's a Father's Day card for my brother-in-law, who is Dad to my two sweet nieces and my nephew.  I used two of my new Lawn Fawn stamp sets (these are the first LF stamps I've ordered, and I'm already in love!) - Happy Everything and Quinn's ABCs.  Typically, I have stuck to mostly using The Alley Way Stamps and Paper Smooches sets.  And these are still HUGE favourites, but I wanted to branch out a little more.  I was very much inspired to buy the LF sets by Elise over at Whimsipost.  Her cards are simply adorable and oh so sweet (so is she!).  I also used my new Paper Smooches set Clip Board (love that set) as well as some other various PS sets for the sentiments.

Hopefully I'll have a chance later on today to play a little more with my new stash!
Until then, enjoy the card and thank you SO much for stopping by!
Shannon

11 comments:

  1. Well you certainly didn't have trouble this week! You've created a perfect Father's Day card! New stamp goodies are definitely inspiring. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, obviously, I haven't seen the so called 'failure', but this one turned out perfectly adorable!!! Only have one PS set but I love it and love them on every card I see! This is really a clever little design...you should be proud of it! I sure have appreciated your recent comments!! Thanks so much for taking time to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, it's late. I thought there were three days of happy mail, but maybe it was just two, which is still hella FUN!! Shannon, you took that DD challenge this week and you stared it down, you tackled it, and you NAILED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Love your design and would love to have those cool ps stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card with the clipboard! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! ANOTHER amazing card-- LOVE the colors and the design for this father's day card! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you've used this stamp/die set! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, fun & bold!! Great design Shannon! Thanks for joining us for Dynamic Duos fun this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC card, Shannon! Your brother-in-law will be tickled pink...er, blue...when you present this to him! You're handling your 'new family members' like they've been around for ages; definitely products that are absolutely meant to be in your creative, talented hands. Love this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Shannon, you're so sweet! I'm glad that we're able to inspire each other to branch out into other stamp companies! I really like the Paper Smooches stamps that you used for your Father's Day card! I'm sure that your brother-in-law will love it! Have fun playing with your new stamps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely won this time round! This is such a perfect father's day card! The colors look awesome together. The clip board concept is such a great idea for a father's day card. Your BIL is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I TOLD you that you nailed it! Oh, I love it when the judges agree with me!! Congratulations, Shannon, on the well-deserved HM honor from DD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!