Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day is almost here!

Hello!

This weekend is Mother's Day!  I already had a card made for my Mom, but I also wanted to make a little special something for my sister.  She is Mom to my two nieces and my nephew - and oh, they are my pride and joy and my happiness.  Being their Auntie has filled my life, and my heart with a love that I could have never imagined possible.

I doubled up on challenges again this week, which is odd for me, but with Paper Players having a Mother's Day themed challenge this week, and CAS(E) this Sketch having an adorable little sketch to play with, I couldn't resist.

Here's the inspriation sketch:



And my card:



My sister's got twins - boy and and a girl, and a younger daughter, so I positioned the "twins" together at the top, and her younger daughter swooping in from the bottom, all coming in for a hug with Mom!  Most of the card is from the Paper Smooches Flap Happy Set, and the "happy" and "day" come from a Papertrey Ink set that I've had for quite a while and hardly ever pull out (I'll have to work on pulling it out more often!).  I *think* it's called Bitty Birds.

Hope you like it - and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!
Shannon

9 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love how you've personalized this so perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun card! Those butterflies are so sweet! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest thing EVER! What a sweet card for your sister! Thanks for participating in the Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet, glad you started a BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI!!! I was mentioned! Kinda. I know I was mentioned, you know I was mentioned. Thank you for making me a pink polka dot butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable--especially the twin butterflies!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE!! How tickled pink, ecstatic, delighted, thrilled and all-around touched was your sister when you gave this to her? LOVE IT! Those happy little butterfly nieces and nephew swooping towards your sister - too cute - and the colours are just happy. Happy card - big smile lighting up my face!
    Great weekend with the family! Will be in touch SOON!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!