Saturday, June 01, 2013

Out with the old...

Hello!

I made a card today inspired by the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge this week.  It was such a treat to play along because:
- I loved the sketch
- I missed out playing last week, and wanted to make sure I played this week
And the reason I didn't get a chance to play last week, is because I spent the whole week purging and re-organizing my craft room (what a job!!!)
- so this was the first card I made in my new room!

The entire purging exercise was painful, torture really!  I had SO many things I hadn't used for years - YEARS!!!  But the purge was well overdue, so even though it was a lot of work, it feels good, even refreshing to have it all done!  As far as the re-organizing - well that was the fun part!  I made a trip to Ikea with a $50 gift certificate that I received about two years ago (thankfully it hadn't expired!).  Total bill after the g.c. - $2!!  I also bought a 3-high bookcase (which I proudly assembled myself) at Jysk for $35 and a few other containers/storage items.  I think the entire "reno" cost me about $75!!  I am very pleased with the budget friendly results.

Okay, enough about that - time to get to the card!

Here's the sketch:



And here's my card:




I made this for a sweet lady that I work with.  I am going to be transferring to another section, and she is going to be taking over my current desk.  I thought I would leave her a little "welcome" note, and I'll get her a small plant too, just to pretty up the desk a bit!  I'm going to bring it in today (Saturday), so she will get it when she moves into the desk on Monday.  For the card, I rotated the sketch, and rather than using the banners, I substituted the pretty flowers from Cas-ual Friday Stamps.  The chevrons are from TAWS Tag Alongs and the little wooden heart is Studio Calico.  Sentiment is a combo from Paper Smooches.

Now that my card room is "operational" again, I hope to post often this week!
Thank you as always for the visit!
Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Do we get to see the new craft space? Looks like it was well worth all the hard work, how wonderful is your card!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Those big blooms are definitely great for prettying up a space. So sweet of you to think of your co-worker this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one energetic cleaner-upper and a most thrifty, practical shopper! Craft room: sighhhh. It on my "one of these days" wish list (then again, I might not come out very often!). Gorgeous card; such a unique, beautiful take on the sketch! Such pretty flowers, and your 'match-ups' with the chevrons, paper and sentiment adds to the loveliness! The new person will be delightfully surprised by your card + plant gift! Again, you are the definition of 'thoughtful'! Love it!!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!