Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Experiments

Hello!

I've got my Fusion card to share with you today for Hypothesis #7 (have I mentioned how much I love this challenge yet?!!).  This card is a departure from my regular "style", but there were a few techniques that I wanted to try out, and this card seemed perfect for it.  As I started playing, I thought the style and the softness of the card would lend itself well to a sympathy card, so that's what it became.   I was inspired by both challenges, but I'm no sure how much of Jackie's sketch I actually captured (hmmm, not a lot!  maybe just the butterfly!!). 

Here's the challenge:


And my card:



The first technique I wanted to try was mixing ink and water, and I did just that with the polka dot background.   I really liked the subtle "shabby" effect that resulted.  I also wanted to try something that I saw over on Debby Hughes' blog that blew my socks off.  Have a look here!  So I got out my (limited number of) copics and white embossing powder and went to work.  I was happy with how the flowers turned out, considering my "rookie" status when it comes to Copics!  Just added the little butterfly, the twine and those little baby pearls.  I know, it's all about the sequins now - I'm a little behind in the trend dept (story of my life - ha!!).

Hope you like it!  I'm off to see if I can accomplish they Dynamic Duo challenge today.  I've already had one "discard" moment - this one has got the better of me for sure!  I'll give it one more try :)

Hope you are having a terrific day!  Thank you for stopping by :)
Shannon

10 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! New technqiues, yes - but you've handled them like a pro! Wow - this card is definitely in the Top 5 of those you've created to date. WOW and WOW!! Love the colouring/embossing - you've worked magic with both, even if your copic collection is slim (mine = scant, too!). Embossing - must try again, because last time was not pretty, even a little bit! Yes indeed: jaw-dropping, breath-taking stunning!! Hugs, c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Shannon! The design is beautiful and I love the pink with the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, this is brilliant! I cannot believe you are a novice at Copics. You did an amazing job with both techniques. I'm intrigued with the ink/water circles. They look like they've been punched out of patterned paper in some genius way. And, please, the pearls are PERFECT! They are way not out, IMHO, and on enchanting cards like yours, only pearls would do!! LOVE this in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inking efforts paid off. Love how the dots turned out. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!
    I love the colors & design.
    I'm voting for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..this is beautiful! I love the flowers and the sweet butterfly. So glad you joined us this week at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous sympathy card! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card ist wonderful with the gentle colors and forms. So beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super lovely take on the Fusion Challenge!!

    Love stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Shannon - fab showcasing of your techniques!
    So glad you joined in the fun experimenting at FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!