Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Bold Attempt

Hello!

Last week was a very special week for me.  I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was selected as a Dynamic Darling at Dynamic Duos.  And I was also so honoured to be selected as A Cut Above at The Paper Players.  I was walking on air all week!  This week's challenge at The Paper Players is a colour story and I really wanted to play along.  But it was a challenge for me, for sure!  The colours are quite bold, and I don't naturally gravitate that way.  I'm more of a "softie" with sweet pinks, baby blues and buttery yellows.  But I was determined...!

Here are the colours:



And my card:





I used a technique I saw on the Lawn Fawn blog about a week or so ago that I really liked, creating the sky and grass with ink.  (Check out the video!).  Then I just added the road and clouds, both from Paper Smooches Metropolis, and the sweet little car and sentiments (beep and zoom) from The Alley Way Stamps Priceless Joy set.  Finished it off with a Paper Smooches "it's your birthday" sentiment.  I'm hoping that the kraft card stock and the hints of black are considered neutrals :)  I thought I could use this for a little boy's birthday.

Hope you like it, and thank you, as always, for coming by to see me!
Shannon

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Your little car scene (must check out the video and especially, need to move beyond the 'colour-kissed' stamps issue I have!) has me smiling from ear-to-ear. Actually, I'm beaming with how happy it makes me feel. Cutie-patootie in every respect! Your 'bold' attempt is a sure fire winner! Stunning card, my friend! Each day, you treat us to some scrumptious eye-candy! If your cards were calories, I'd be extremely rotund by now! Just scrolled up for yet another look, and yep, this is waaaayyyy adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love the rounded corners and that car is adorable. I also love the notebook paper-inspired dsp. Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, Shannon! Another winner!! I'm so happy for all your wins last week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon there is no way that you would ever think this color scheme was a challenge for you! I LOVE your little car scene it is darn right adorable! Love the sky, the fact that you captured it in a circle and the embossed sentiment on the black banner. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and thank you for rocking my challenge.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, I thought you did a good job with the colors too! Congrats on all your accolades, too! Thanks so much for participating in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!