Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Case Study Grand Slam!

Hello!

For the first time ever, I got to play along with all four challenges at Case Study, showcasing the same muse - Lisa Spangler.  As I may have gushed in my three other posts, I just love Lisa.  And this challenge (#147) may have been my favourite to case of all!

Here's Lisa's card:


And here's mine:



This was a labour of love.  Step 1: I watercoloured each "square" separately.  The square actually the frame from Paper Smooches Vogue Abode.  Step 2: I used the same stamp, and stamped it repeatedly to create the background (it's not perfect, but I kinda like it that way!).  Step 3: I cut out each square and pasted one in each square.  Step four: stamp and emboss the speech bubble and sentiment, and add a little heart.  It did take me a long time to make it, but I'm really happy that I persevered.

That's it for me today!
I've signed up for the Summer Camp Online class (my first online class - and I'm quite excited!).  I'm hoping to play along with the two pre-course challenges over the next couple of days, so hopefully see you again really soon!
Shannon

10 comments:

  1. NAILED IT!!! Fab CASE...the black word bubble is the perfect choice to help the lovingly painted rectangles stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, this is the second time you're absolutely, 1,000% amazed me (and again - thank you for the gift! Sooooooo excited!)! Your card is stunning; totally completely and utterly stunning! All the time you invested - painting, cutting and arranging the detailed little squares - with the perfect 'accessories' - the hello bubble with your signature heart - showcases creativity and passion - winning combinations that have resulted in this most beautiful card. I think this is #1 on my 'Favourites by Shannon' list!! LOVE, LOVE and LOVE! Whoever receives this will be ecstatic; it's a masterpiece!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, which one is the Lisa Spangler card? I'm mean, wowee, you did an awe-mazing job, Shannon!! I'll see you at Camp! These online classes are tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is AHHHHHHHHHH Mazing! Love the extra white space showcasing your inner images. What a watercolor dynamo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the watercoloured squares - fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon! Great take on the inspiration photo - the squares worked beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and the watercolor technique. See you in summer class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect, CONGRATS!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I wasn't the only one who love your card. Congrats on the HM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!