Sunday, June 09, 2013

And Now for Something Totally Different...

Hello!

I decided to play along with Case Study Challenge #144 today.  Do you know who the Case Study Muse is this month??  Have you heard??!!  It is the aaahhhh-MAZING Lisa Spangler!  She is one of my all-time favourites.  I just love her style SO much, her creativity is incredibly inspiring and she just seems like SUCH good person. 

Here is the inspiration card:


And my interpretation:



I wanted to challenge myself to do something different, and ended up with something A LOT different from my regular style!  Yup, I attempted using watercolours!  I've tried and failed before, but armed with Lisa's inspiration, I was bound and determined to try again.  I used similar colours in Lisa's paint strokes in the background - they're quite light, so hopefully you can see them in the photo.  Then I pulled out some more old Stampin Up stamps that I salvaged from my recent purge and added the images.  The flowers are also watercoloured.  Finished it off with sentiments from Studio Calico (Hello There) and Paper Smooches (friend) and the little bow.

I know I have a long way to go in improving my watercolouring skills, but instead of a fail, I'll allow myself a pass for this one!!!

Thank you so much for coming by to see me!
Have a good day!
Shannon

5 comments:

  1. A "pass"? Really? I'm assessing an A+++ for your card that is super cool and a super reveal of stretching your technique. Love the pastel watercolour background and the black-stamped flowers are such a highlight! In my view: wonderful interpretation of Lisa's card. *Aaahhhh-MAZING*
    back at you!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your watercolored background. Congrats on trying something new and different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfectly charming! Love the addition of the bow and those darling stamps! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, great stamping! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....Ummmm, I'm thinking that you are well on your way with mastering your water coloring technique! Absolutely, positively an A+ on this card. I love the little twine bow that you added - the perfect little bit of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!