Saturday, June 08, 2013

Proud as a Peacock

Hello!

Last night I had a chance to play along with two challenges that I combined into one card.  I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #89, and I used the colours from the ColourQ #192.  I finished it just a little too late, and the lighting was poor.  So I opted to hold off until this morning to post in hopes of getting a decent (a relative term!) photograph of the card.

Here are the sketch and the colours:



And here's the card:




For the sketch, I rotated it counter-clockwise and decided to replace the banners with peacock feathers.  Pretty much everything on the card is Paper Smooches, with the exception of the little itty bitty heart, which is from Lawn Fawn. 

This is a card for my stash.  Mostly when I create a card, I am inspired (along with the challenges!) by the person I am making it for.  But in this case, I was inspired by the idea of using the peacock feathers with a "proud" as a peacock sentiment, and just ran with it.  So many people in my life make me proud everyday though, so I'm sure this one won't last too long in the stash!

Hope you have a good day!
I feel like another challenge might be in the "cards" for me again today!!!
Hopefully see you again tomorrow :)
Shannon

9 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! And you've given me a great idea too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun card Shannon! I love that peacock! Great take the on the sketch! Love the arrow and the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This SO adorable, Shannon!! Totally a winner to me! I absolutely love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the sweet image! So cute! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEK, what a sweet interpretation of that sketch!!! Love the peacock "tail feather" banners ;) Such a trendy and fresh card with the lovely light colors and that cute wooden arrow pointing to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squeal..way tooooooo cute, clever and totally awesome! Your 'tail banner' is brilliant, that little blue and green peacock is a whole new level of adorable, and arrow and wee hearts is the signature Shannon-flair of special touches! Darling card! Absolutely!!

    Fingers crossed this appears; internet has been naughty throughout our area. Maybe tooooooo much rain...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally AMAZING!...Well (doink) all your creations are!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet wee peacock paired with the perfect sentiment! Love the colors, love the splatter background, love the embossed word AND LOVE how you added the hearts to your twine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, Shannon, love that peacock! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!