Friday, June 21, 2013

Definitions

Hello!

The challenges du jour: Play Date Cafe #187 and CAS(E) this Sketch #33.  And I went totally clean and simple on this one.  You know why?!!!  Because I actually *read* the definition of CAS the other day.  Yup, just now!  All this time, I had *assumed* (I should know better!) CAS was really anything that wasn't overly layered or bulky, that wasn't adorned with a lot of big bows, flowers and other embellishments.  No bulk ='d CAS to me!  But nope!  I read this specific definition over at Less is More:

Clean & Simple: A design of card with clean lines, minimal elements, areas of white space and few or no embellishments.
White Space: An area of the card which has no image, layer or embellishment.  This can be any colour dependent upon the colour of the card blank.
OLC One Layer Card: One piece of card folded in half with no additional layers and minimal embellishments, where the image is stamped or printed directly onto the cardstock.

Got it!

So here are the challenges:



And here's my CAS card that I think meets the definition!



Just noticing now that my "jade" is much more aqua looking.  Obviously my definition of jade was about as accurate as my definition of CAS!!  Ha ha!  But I think I actually stayed true to the proper definition of CAS on this one!  There's a lot more white space than I'm used to, but I think I'm okay with it!  My sweet friend Carol made a card with a lot of white space yesterday, which I adored.  So with that inspiration in my pocket, I went to work!  This card is a combo of TAWS (the label style background coloured in jade aqua!), Paper Smooches (that oh so sweet little birdie and the "there"), and Lawn Fawn (the little heart and the hey).  I am just loving this LF alphabet set.  I was totally inspired by Elise to buy them, and so glad I did!

Well, I'm heading out for the afternoon now - I want to beat the Friday rush hour traffic, and if I don't leave now, I could be stuck in it for an hour or so - yuck!

Hope you're having a fabulous day!
Shannon

9 comments:

  1. I'm loving this fun card. And it's perfectly CAS!! Looks like aqua to me. Really sweet. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! CAS perfection! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfectly CAS!!! Sweet colors, sweet design, sweet images....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the white space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do got it, Shannon! As I like to say, this card is CASlicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeee...how CUTE is this! Perfectly *cas*, perfecly darling, perfectly 'tweet' AND perfectly placed white-space!! One of my favourites of yours for sure (wait, all of yours are favourites...)! Colours, sentiment, little bird - awesome+++! You have rocked this challenge! Rocked it, I say! LOVE!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again - and the definitions are an excellent addition! Perhaps I need to review them once (twice, thrice...) again!! Creativity, inspiration and education - all in one place! You're amazing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is perfect! your take on the sketch is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!!!!!!! This is just the cutest card EVER!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOVE x100000!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!