Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Casing one of my All Time FAVES!

Hello!

I had a chance to play along with this week's CASE Study Challenge #146, casing the amazing, talented, just plain awesome Lisa Spangler!

Here is Lisa's fabulous card:

And here's mine:




I just love casing these superstars of the card making world.  They stretch me to make cards and use colours that I would probably never put together on my own.  But when I do, I just love the combinations. 

I used another big mish mash of products on this one.  The background hearts and the butterfly are old SU! (more salvaged from the purge of a few weeks ago!).  The Happy Birthday and the "YOU" come from Hero Arts/Studio Calico, the "slashes" come from the TAWS Tag Alongs set and the fabulous, amazing...comes from Casual Fridays Stamps (Truth Is set).  I also used some liquid pearls, which I haven't used for a long time, but I thought they were just the right colour and embellishment to add to this card.  I coloured the butterfly with copics, fussy cut it out and covered the whole thing in glossy accents, which really drew out the colour and gave it some shine!  Doodled a little border and called it done!

That's it for me today.  I'm off to take my niece on a little shopping trip :)
Thank you SO much for visiting, and for all your sweet comments - they ALWAYS put a huge smile on my face!
Shannon

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Shannon, this is a truly lovely CASE of the uber-talented Lisa card! There are lots of happy details for my eyeballs to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, I love that butterfly! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! That butterfly is so striking! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're case, MY absolute fave!!! Love the bold colors.
    ...Swoooon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous so there :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!