Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Retro Sketches ~ Retro Stamp!

Hello!

Retro Sketches 66 is the challenge du jour!  I wanted to do something a little different so that I could incorporate an old stamp into the design as the focal point.  It's an old Stampin Up stamp that I just love, and when I was cleaning/purging my craft supplies last week, I made a mental note to use it, and soon.  It really is beautiful.  When I saw the Retro Sketch for this week, I thought "yeah, I can make this work!"

Here's the sketch:

And here's how I used it:



I thought that I could use it to replace the main panel, so that's just what I did.  I used my copics to colour all three layers.   My initial idea was to water colour the flower, after seeing Jennifer McGuire doing a video on it.  But, I quickly realized that I needed MUCH more practice with my water colouring before I could come up with something even somewhat presentable!  So that first effort went in the recycling bin, and I resorted to my copics, which I'm slightly more comfortable using.  The back panel came about just from plucking out some old scrap pieces of paper, added some chevrons (loving my TAWS Tag Along chevrons), the banner, sentiment and heart from Studio Calico and she was all done!

I made this for one of my co-workers (there have been lots of card-making occasions for my sweet friends there of late!) who just got a position that she had been trying so hard for.  I was just so happy for her, so a congrats (or in this case, a "way to go") card was the least I could do to show her how thrilled I am!

Okay, better buzz off - hope to post again tomorrow :)
Have a fantastic day!!
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Jaw-dropping gorgeous, Shannon! Absolutely 1,000% stunning; your colouring is outstanding! I need some lessons, because Copics and I = mess! I can't even begin to think what watercolours would lead to! I'm loving this flower - and what a fantastic decision to give it some love and attention! Another co-worker who will be thrilled to bits and pieces when she receives this! Way to go, indeed! You've sparkled up my evening with this decadent eye-candy treat AND especially your comments on my card for my niece! Need to gaze at your card for a bit more - so pretty!!!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!