Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Purple???

Hello!

"Purple???!!!  What am I going to do with purple??!!!"  That was my reaction when I saw the Casology Challenge for this week.  I just can't seem to work with purple, and I know a lot of you feel the same.  But then I saw Kimberly's card!  You know Kimberly, right?!!  From Wienerhoneymooners?!!  Another awesome blog you NEED to check out!  It is full of inspiration.  She is crazy talented, and crazy artistic with her designs.  So when I saw her card, done in the most beautiful shade of purple ever, I changed my judgy ways!  Purple can be beautiful and fun to work with! 

Here's what I came up with:


It's design that I'm sure you've seen a million times, but hope you like it anyway!  The purple I used: Momento Luxe Lilac Posies.  I really love this shade, almost as much as the shade that Kimberly used - almost!  The stamps are Savvy (wood mount), and the leaves are from a Wplus9 die (how did I go so long without dies?!!).  The background behind the open circle is a PS polka dots stamp, which I repeated a few times and then white embossed.  I did splatter a tiny little bit of the purple onto the polka dots, but it's barely noticeable.  The sentiment is PS - one of their TAM sets from a while ago.

And that's it...it actually came together *relatively* quickly!  Thanks Kimberly and Casology for helping me change my perspective on purple ;) !!



Hope you're having a good day!
Thank you SO much, as always for stopping by to see me!
Shannon

10 comments:

  1. Awww.. shucks, too much love, is a great thing, and I LOVE this card, so phenom with the circle, the dots behind, oooooh this blows me out of the water with the gorgeous designs!!!! So glad you entered this in CASology, I JUST LOVE Lilac Posies, my go to purple! When it is not paper! ----------------------------------------You are the sweetest by the way!---------so never change! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the purple and on Kimberly. You totally rocked the challenge...I think you should use purple more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm not a big fan of purple, either. (Barney??) But you rocked the color, and I totally love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! This is card is so Gorgeous Shannon :) love the window you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGorgeous, Shannon! Purple *is* your colour, based on what you've designed here with your lilac ink (I just love the word *lilac*...especially the flowers, and their scent...). Beautiful arrangement with the circle + polka-dot background, and the die cut leaves. Stunning! So thrilled to know that dies have worked their magic with you; they are awesome - and what you've done with yours so far shows you're already a pro!! Hectic, crazy day at work, so seeing this is beyond refreshing! Smiling widely and if the room wasn't filled to the brim with students, I'd do a little happy dance. LOVE this card x a zillion! Hug~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh you have done beautiful things with purple Shannon!! Purple is actually my favorite color :) Love love the circle cut out with the flowers inside and the white leaves look wonderful! Awesome job on the purple challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty purple posies perfectly presented, paired with polka dots, so particularly pleasant to peruse while penning my prose of praise!

    ...love the splatter on the polka dots. I'm guessing that you will be purchasing a few more dies...right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so soft and pretty. Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon, I agree on several counts...I had the same reaction when I saw the cue word (Purple? Ugh!) AND I feel the same way about the awesome Kimberly! I am so happy that she changed your point of view on purple (at least for this challenge) because your card is so, so pretty! I'm so glad you played along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a fan of purple-- working with purple that is:) LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card! LOVE LOEV LOVE the center die cut with the details under and on top! FAB x10000! YOU are so fabulous! LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting your blog:)

    ps... thank you x10000000 for stopping by the Virtual Smooches blog and leaving some love for me! And thanks for watching my videos! <3 You made my day <3 THANK YOU x1000000000 <3 You always make me smile <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!