Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Misfits find a home...!

Hello!

Just a really quick post today...promise!  I'll get right down to business!

Here's my very simple card for today:


I had most of the bits and pieces on my desk already (rejects from other projects!) and I just kind of put it together :)  But there is one new technique here that I tried (and loved!).  I couldn't find the *perfect* paper for my background.  Then I remembered a video I had seen not long ago on Laurel Beard's blog on using markers to create a background (I used my Copics, she used Spectrum Noir markers).  Unfortunately because the colour I chose was so light, the dots I added with my colourless blender didn't show up, but that's ok).  Check it out - it's so easy and I love the look!  Stamps used are Lawn Fawn (deer and hello), PS (butterfly) and Mama Elephant (border).  I might go back and add a flight line behind the butterfly...hmmm, thinking about it!!

And that's it for me today!  Promise kept: short and sweet!  Hope to "see" you again soon!
Shannon

11 comments:

  1. Shannon!!!!!!!!!! This is fabulous! I LOVE that little deer-- and I LOVE your colored background!! My fav part is that you combined so many stamp sets!! FAB x1000000000! YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beyond cute! I can see the dots in a few places in the photo. I'm sure it looks fabulous in real life! Sweet, sweet, sweet design! Are those veneer hearts or did you color them? Great shading on the wee fawn and the pretty butterfly!

    A perfect 'hello' baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You MADE your own background paper? Ah-mazing! I love the subtle blue shade--perfect for your sweet deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a-dorable...love the veneer hearts and your background panel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh precious precious! I do adore that little Lawn Fawn deer :) Love your beautiful soft blue background. Can't see the dots, but I believe they're there! haha! Love the little border you added to ground him and the wooden hearts are just the perfect touch!! Beautiful work Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, Shannon! I love the muted background you created and those stamps and embellishments go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....and what a 'home those 'misfits' have found on this stellar card you've created! Your own background paper: in awe with all the new adventures you're embarking on, and with such resounding, dazzling results. Cuteness, plus here, my friend, with those veneer hearts, the darling deer (the little dots are such a special touch), the simple little 'hello' (which is exactly what a fawn would say - such a cutie-pie), and the flitting pink butterfly. Sighh...I ADORE this!!!!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo sweet! Love the CAS lines and perfect colors. So glad the "misfits" found their home here. You'll have to go back to a week or two ago on Susan's "Simplicity" blog and see what she says about butterflies....If you can't find it, email me and I'll send you the link...Made me laugh out loud. Love your card - darling!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfectly whimsical, sweet and awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Cool and so SUPER CUTE!!! Aww...this is just AWESOME! I love the natural feel of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, they were just laying there? Awww, they were meant to be together! This is THE sweetest card, perfect for a Valentine! And I'll bet your handmade BP is pretty IRL!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!