Thursday, January 23, 2014

Now that's a little closer to the sketch!

Hello!

You might remember a few days ago I posted a card that looked absolutely nothing like the Unscripted Sketch for this week that I had intended to follow!  I really wanted to try this sketch again, and make something that actually resembled it this time around!  The light bulb went off yesterday, when the new Card Concepts challenge came out.  The challenge was to use texture, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do, using texture to make the Unscripted Sketch work.

Here's what I came up with:


I used my embossing paste, and tinted it with my new Soft Pool Ink (I have been waiting to get this for so long!).  I used the same process to tint the paste as I did when I made this card (third card down in the post).  I noticed that Shari Carroll used the exact same process in a video she did a few days ago for Simon Says Stamp.  If you are interested in seeing how it's done, have a peek at the video.  It is so easy peasy!!  For the circle, I just gathered some twine into a circle and tied a bow at the top.  I've seen this done a few times now, and really love the look.  Especially when you don't want to cover something up, like the embossing in this case.  Then I just added the sweet Mama Elephant image and sentiment, and the card was done!

Here's the Unscripted Sketch (I think you'll agree that the card looks much more like the sketch now!):

And here's the Card Concepts challenge image:

Thanks so much, as always for coming to see me!! 
Have a good day!!
Shannon

24 comments:

  1. Awwww that's so adorable!! And yes, it does look like the sketch! heheh! Love the embossed background and the little twiney wreath around the bear! Soooooo cute!! I need to have some of these Mama Elephant stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby card! Cute image and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGEEEE...*squeal in glee* How A-DOR-A-BLE x a zillion is this baby card! You have so rocked the 'cute and charming' here that I'm nearly at a loss for words ('nearly' being the operative term!). Emboss paste tinted triangle background - delightfully eye-catching;cuddly teddy perfectly coloured (matching bow tie with background - clever!); twine-lasso frame - awesome! Stellar, my friend, not only for the US challenge (mine, which I'm aiming to share later are so goofy!), but for creating a smile allll over the faces of those of us who have dropped by! LOVE this little gem - totally LOVE it! Oh, that teddy...I just want to give him squishes, squeezes and smooches! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. darlin, this is a sweet design!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever! I looked at that sketch over a dozen times this past week and came up blank. This is brilliant as well as cute. I love the texture as well as the design. It's pretty awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I like that texture and how you highlighted the bear with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The texture is perfect. It adds such a great design element to your card. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect! What a fabulous way to add texture to your card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a winning card, Shannon, mark my words! You've done a splendid job with the sketch and the paste and made an adorable baby card!! I think there are a couple of "new" and "new baby" - let me look ... check out Addicted to CAS. I was thinking of LIM, too, but I think that may be closed. Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you get the embossing paste at an LSS or online? I definitely need to get some soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. FANTASTIC!!! Aww... love this card Shannon, so Adorable and the embossing paste you used Genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a super creative take on the sketch! The circle of twine around that adorable bear on top of that awesome stenciling? It's a winner in my book, Shannon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay....my #1 favorite Shannon card ever! Stinkin' cute, loaded with trendy 'stuff', perfectly clean and simple design, gorgeous shading on the teddy bear....and then there's that sweet twine embellie! We really have to name 'it'....wreath? Bird Nest? Twine loop-de-loop ???

    Yep, we're gonna see this card in the winner's circle for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooops....forgot about my CCT DT hat, so I would love to add that I'm thrilled that you are playing along with us this week at the Card Concept Challenge and that this card is going to rock the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this card, the loop, the bear, the trendy triangles, AQUA, wow what else
    ??? Oh, the super sweet sentiment... Yayyyyyyyyyy so sweet!

    I will put my DT hat on too.....Thanks ever so much for joining us at the Sketch it Saturday (a NEW on comes out tomorrow....and it is sweet you WILL LOVE..the one after...... not so much (LOL!!!) I kid, I kid, the one tomorrow is sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable card! Love the texture of both the twine and paste and the colors are so sweet.
    Thanks for sharing your work and playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore what you've done with this card! It's super sweet. Love the embossing paste too. Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! The texture is perfect! What a perfect bg color for this soft, sweet design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. CONGRATS on your TOP 3 @ Unscripted Sketches, hope to see you this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so precious! I love how you tied the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is absolutely adorable and the colored embossing paste totally makes it over the top good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!