Monday, January 27, 2014

I gotta 'nother wanna!

Hello!

I made another card for the Wanna Sketch challenge!  I couldn't resist!

Here it is:

I'm totally into making my own backgrounds right now.  (Although I *should* instead be using papers from the million 6x6 pads I bought - oh well!).  My inspiration: Joni Andaya.   I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: if you haven't checked out her blog, you NEED to!   My backgrounds don't hold a flame to hers, but I am bursting with inspiration from what she does.   I guarantee she will leave you inspired too.  For this card, I splattered some pink (there I go again with the pink!), yellow and a bit of blue on a white panel.  Then I used Paper Smooches Spring Fling and Calico to stamp the flowers.  Used some yellow distress ink to frame the edges in yellow.  The little chick is also from Spring Fling, and the heart balloon and "celebrate" are from PS Hullabaloo.  The "happy birthday" is from an old Papertrey Ink set I have.

And here, again, is the sketch:

Short and sweet today!!  Hope you are having an awesome day!
Thanks for the visit!
Shannon

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Your cards always make me smile! Such cute little images that are so "me". heheh!! I adore this! I love your backgrounds that you're making and this one is just beautiful! That little chick is darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh... WAY TOO CUTE! I love that little chickie holding the balloon. Your background is amazing! fabulous stamping and layering. just a beautiful & cute card all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful "Joni inspired" background--and you still stuck to the sketch! So adorable with that PS chick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH_MAZING! You are so embracing the 'create your own background' techniques, with results that are absolutely remarkable. You are more than doing justice to Joni's inspiration, with creations that are YOUR own, featuring your nuances, flair and style! She's influenced you, and rest assured that you are having a pretty impressive impact of fanning creative sparks with those of us - like me - who LOVE your style. Your cascade of blossoms and confetti-like sprinkles showering down on the wayyyy toooo cute chickie is simply charming! And the signature-heart as a balloon absolutely perfect! Your passion and 'adventurous spirit' for trying new techniques is such a delight to behold. One of these days, I'll venture forth with something out-of-my-usual box of die cuts and cards that look like simple puzzle constructions. For now, however, I'm still trying to grasp basic stamping *grin* LOVE this card; LOVE your enthusiasm!! Big hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...Shannon, You are so Super Sweet *blushing* Thank You :) Your card is SO ADORABLE!!! love that little chick, Your take on the sketch is so perfect, Love the flowers and splatterz....hehehe, those are my favorite:) Love your card so much and what a treat to visit your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just rockin' the background creator scene! The splatters and the inked edges work so well with these cute little funky hippie flowers! Of course, the little chick is so darn cute with the textured paper outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this card doesn't win---- I'm going to flip! This is FABBBBBBBBBBBY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and the way you used this sketch! LOVE that little chick! LOVE LOVE LOVE the misting-- I love this card soooooo much, Shannon! LOOOOOOOOVE it to pieces! You are def. winning with this card! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!