Well, here's a card that started out totally differently...
I wanted to try two new techniques that I have spotted in blog land lately, on making your own backgrounds (which I am loving right now). I actually combined the two techniques into one, and was pretty happy with the results. I designed the rest of the card and put it together. And then two things happened:
- First I used a cluster of balloons from Mama Elephant, which I had the rabbit holding from string. As a last minute thing, I decided to add some Wink of Stella to jazz up the balloons a bit. But hardly any glitter was coming out. So I squeezed the top...a little harder than I should have, and a giant blog came out of the pen and all over my balloons!!! Gah! But, okay. It only hit the balloons and the background was still salvageable. So I tore off the balloons and went to work again.
- Rather than using the ME balloons, I thought it would add more dimension if I used some PS balloons and coloured / cut them all out separately. I figured the result would be worth the effort. And it was. Perfect, the card was fixed and ready to be photographed. But wait a minute. Was it? Nope. When I replaced the ME balloons with the larger scale PS balloons, the card was totally off centre, and totally off balance! Grrrrr. What can I add to balance it out? Hmmmm. I tried a few things, but nothing looked right. Then I thought: splatter, that will even things out! So I covered up all of the parts that I didn't want splatter on and went for it. I liked the look. I took off the mask hoping it was done, but nope, it needed splatter in a few other places. I masked it all back up again, added a bit more splatter and it turned out just how I wanted it to. I took the panel and glued it to a note card. What I didn't realize was that the splatter hadn't dried yet and there were black splatter smudges everywhere!! My little creation was ruined!!!
So I ripped off the balloons again, along with the bunny. This time, I gave up on creating my own background (for now - I will try again another day!) and just pulled out some patterned paper. And here, after all that blabbering and complaining, is what it ended up looking like:
Because I had given up trying to do the background technique, I thought I'd try a different VERY new to me technique - sewing!!! I sewed the banner on!!! Mom, if you're reading this, I really did!!! I left the threads dangling like I've been seeing so much lately. But aside from that, just stamps, patterned paper and some Copics. Now that I see the photo though, I'm going back for one last final surgery - that heart (from PS heart dies) on the left on it's side is driving me crazy! (With all these surgeries, this card might as well be starring in an episode of General Hospital!).
Hopefully I can make a fresh start on the background technique in the next day or so and have a little more success this time around! I'll show you as soon as it's done :)
Thanks SO much for stopping by to see me!