Thursday, November 07, 2013

A Quick Break from my Break!

Hello!

First, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who left a little comment of support regarding my little break!  Every one of them made me smile!!!

Just putting my break on hold for a wee little bit and popping in to share a card for Miss Lisa Arana's Wanna Sketch challenge.  She has the BEST sketches!  I thought I had actually made a card for this before my "hiatus", but nope!  So I just had to come out of hiding to sneak one in for the challenge!  Come and play along with me if you can!!!

Here's the sketch:

And here's my card (taken with my i phone since my camera is still on the blink - still haven't gotten my act together enough to do that yet!!):


I made this for a sweet lady who is the admin assistant in my husband's office.  She's been off work for a while with an injury, and my husband asked if I can make a card for her return.  Of course I can!!  Mix of TAWS and PS - what else?!!  Hope you like it!

Heading back into retirement now, but I just know I won't be able to stay away for long!  I'm already getting the itch!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Shannon

8 comments:

  1. WOOOO HOOOO!! So glad to see you un-hibernate for a bit to share this delightful, darling, purely wonderful card! Great to see your creativity still sparkles, as does your ever upbeat, positive nature! Your husband's admin assistant will be tickled pink to see this, welcoming her return! Love everything about it, with two highlights: your 'Shannon special touch' wee heart, and the fact that you're still creating, still playing and still listening to your muse!! Come back soon!! Miss you here immensely!!! Hugs,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that is darling!! I love that adorable little bird! So glad you took a break from your break! haha! The iPhone photo is pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? You took a break from your break to play along with me? I'm so honored and sending you the BIGGEST hug ever!!! I can't stand how cute this card turned out!!! That little bird just steals the show and LOVE the polka dot talk bubble. Thank you so much for playing along with wanna sketch sweet girl.

    PS- wow, that iphone has a great camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good! We don't want you to stay away for long! I thought for sure you made a card that we would have made if we could have made a card to welcome you back!! It's sweet and thoughtful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay .... you're back....even if only for a quick visit! It is so nice to see your crafty sweetness pop up on my computer monitor :) This is just soooooo darn cutie patootie that it is going to make your DH's coworker feel 100% better in seconds! One look at that sweet and perfectly fussy cut bird is going to have her smiling from ear to ear.

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the polka dot word bubble! Who'da thunk to use yellow polka dot paper for a speech bubble...yes YOU...with a WOW factor off the charts!

    Amazing stitching again! I have been practicing and practicing...and need to continue practicing because so far I only seem to get about 10 stitches looking good...then I mess one up! Seeing this card has me pumped to keep trying!!!

    (awesome iphone picture)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and she's back! Welcome back:)
    First of all, awesome that your hubby prompted the card request! Secondly, A-dorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay on your return! And that is the cutest take on the sketch!
    My favorite is the patterned paper speech bubble! Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect card! So glad to see you are creating again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!