Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hello, Blog - Is That Really You?!!

Hello!

My poor, neglected, little blog!  March was just a crazy month for me, and sadly card making and blogging time was pretty much non-existent!  And I REALLY missed it!  It feels so good to be back.  It's Easter long weekend, which gives me four glorious days off work, and I managed to spend a good chunk of yesterday making cards!  I was so ready, and so excited to get back into it, but unfortunately my "mojo" wasn't quite as excited.  In fact, my parents are in Mexico right now, and I emailed my Mom to be on the lookout for my creativity on the beach, and if she found it to please bring it back home!  But I did manage to sqeak out a few little cards, starting with one inspired by the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge this week

Here is the sketch:



And here is my card:



I've started keeping a stash of my cards at work and some of my co-workers have asked that I keep some kids cards on hand.  I thought this one would be good for a little boy.  All Paper Smooches, and that dinosaur is perfect for practicing my Copic colouring.  PS images are so great for this and that dinosaur - gah - is adorable!

Be back again tomorrow with another card and hoping to squeeze in some more card makign time over the long weekend, so I can get back into a more regular posting routine - did I mention how much I missed card making and blogging?!!

Have a good weekend!
Shannon xx

4 comments:

  1. WELCOME BACK to you at your little blog! You have been missed in this crafting world - and you sure have returned with a BANG! If this beyond adorable card is the result of 'missing' mojo, I can only imagine what will happen when the 'vacationing' mojo returns. It may well be in Mexico, but if I catch a glimpse here in Bend, I'll bring it back to Kelowna on our return trip, and send it special delivery - with hugs! Looks like you ordered some new PS stamps, too! Those dinosaurs are PERFECT for little boys (and girls, as my niece is beginning to reveal - pink and purple polka-dotted ones, of course - with sparkles! Hmmmm... possibilities?) Colours are amazing; you've rocked the challenge (check out Seize the Birthday, too...masculine cards...you may be on a roll with this little dude!). What else to say, except: LOVE this card. HUGE love!
    Thank you for allllll your heart-warming comments on my cards; brought a few supplies, so perhaps, should opportunity arise, I'll try a challenge or two. Will be in touch soon, and HAPPY EASTER!!!
    hugs,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colours and shading of that cute little guy. I love the chevrons as that one element of the sketch - very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Shannon! I love this little dino...he's so frickin' cayoot! Great take on the sketch. I love how you arranged the sentiment and the color scheme is poifect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Super cute take on the sketch and I love those colors. So glad your back. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!