And the crazy card making extravaganza continues! Got another three made yesterday. Really though, I attribute this creative binge on ALL the new goodies I have received. I'm just so excited to try out everything and thrilled that this results in so many new cards in my stash!
On this one, I actually started with the bird cage (Jane's Doodles), then added the little bird (TAWS), and then went on the hunt for a complimentary piece of patterned paper. When I spotted this grey polka dotted little number I knew it was what I wanted to use. Unfortunately though, my original design plan was a little different, so I sliced it up to work with that design. Which I didn't end up liking. Which was even more disappointing because that little 6x6 piece of patterned paper was the only one I had! Dang it - I no longer had enough to cover the card front. So after stressing, I decided to do some surgery! I *tried* to mend two pieces back together! Fortunately the pattern is a little wonky, so it made it a little easier to do this, but I can still totally tell :( See if you can tell (it won't be hard to spot!!).
I wanted to try out my new triangle stencil with my HA mint julep ink. Really love how the stenciling turned out, even though it is quite loud! I'm not sure if the images I used were enough to tone it down a bit, but that's okay, I think it's kind of fun!
I've said before that I'm not big on pink, and I have no idea what led to all the pinkness on this card! I hadn't planned on it. I actually started with the sheep image, and then decided to frame him with the pink frame to pick up on the colours I used on her nose. I tried to find some patterned paper to work with this and while I was searching for it, I switched gears and decided to use my other stencil with embossing paste. I tinted the paste with pink. I only picked it because I was experimenting with tinting and it happened to be the colour right in front of me. So I went for it. Then I thought it needed something else, so I used the same pink to highlight the edges of the card. And voila, a very pink card! I did add a bit of water to the edges to "water stain" the card just for a little extra something something. I really wanted to use "ewe" in the sentiment, so made it a thank ewe card by white embossing on vellum with a PS banner and using the Lawn Fawn Milo's ABCs set to customize.
Well, that was a lot of yacking!! A much longer post than I'd intended, but hope you liked it! Really hoping to make more cards today...after I get a few chores done (they are in desperate need of doing! - cards have trumped cleaning hands down this week!).
Have a good day!