Monday, January 14, 2013

Going Retro

Hello!

As you may have read in my blog post yesterday, I have a case of challenge blog fever!  This time, I'm participating in the Retro Sketches challenge.  And this one threw me out of my box.  I definitely have a particular go-to look that I don't steer far from.  Try as I might to do something different, I always tend to revert back.  And this sketch is definitely not "that" look.  But I jumped in anyway, and here's what I came up with...
The sketch...



And the card



I used all Paper Smooches on this one.  I am loving the new butterfly set.  I think anyone would love it, no matter what your style.  There is a really nice variety of sweet to elegant.  Check out the set - it's called Flap Happy.  Sentiment is from Word Up, another must-have.

Have a good Monday!
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    I discovered your 'new' site from TAWS Challenge #19 - and I'm impressed and inspired with what you fondly call your "challenge fever." Your cards are delightful; so much so that I've amped up my courage and have entered a couple of challenges myself. Talk about a stretch for this card-making newcomer! Thank you for the inspiration; I'm edging ever closer to creating a blog of my own. Glad to see another PS fan; I'm excited for their new releases on Feb. 1. Looking forward to seeing more of your cards (and I bet you'll be selected as a design team member in the near future!!). All the best,
    c (from Canmore, Alberta, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!!! i second cm's comment...i see dt's in your future! :) congrats on your taws win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!