Thursday, September 12, 2013

Card Drive for Grayson

Hello!

Something about me: it takes a lot to upset me.  I'm totally laid back and like to choose to be happy.  But there are a few things that do really hit me, hard.  Mean, rude, thoughtless people do it to me every time.  I have no time for that.  And there are a few other things, of course.  But nothing, NOTHING upsets me more than childhood illness.  My heart breaks every time I hear of any child suffering.  Recently I read a post at the Neat and Tangled blog about a sweet little boy named Grayson and his little brother, Aydan.  Please go over and read their story.  It is heart wrenching.  If sending a card to Grayson and Aydan could put a little smile on their sweet faces, it was the least I could do. 

Here's my card for the boys:


I will be putting it in the mail today (just have to buy a US stamp!).  I would like to encourage anyone reading this post to please take a moment to send a little card of their own to Grayson and Aydan.  I know everyone is so busy but if you can squeak in a little time to do this, your small gesture can make a huge difference!

Thank you SO much for reading this post, and of course for your visit!  It always means so much to me.

Shannon

11 comments:

  1. Love this!! I must make time for this tooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! That should definitely put a smile on their faces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo CUTE, he's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...Shannon! This is wonderful...your card is so ADORABLE!!! I'm sure he will enjoy this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where abouts are you in BC????? Diefenbaker park is a 1/2 drive for me... would be so awesome to meet you :D

    And I love that adorable card. The coloring is amazing! This card will certainly make his day <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh... I'm in Richmond.. but still pretty close :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a sweetheart. I'm sure Grayson will LOVE this card and it'll cheer him up, tons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kindness and compassion is heart warming! I read their story and cried! Honestly, I find the suffering of such a wee little sprite so hard to understand.

    This sweet creation is sure to bring a huge smile to Grayson's face...how can it not, when it is so darn cute! The woodgrain and the brown gingham are made for each other! He is going to love the woodsy theme that you created just for him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geri covered it all: your thoughtfulness, warm heart, and compassion are phenomenal and inspiring. Children and hurt - two words that should never appear anywhere near one another. If only reality would mirror our hopes and wishes the young ones be spared hardships! Your card for Grayson will brighten his spirits immeasurably! Perfect card for this young lad; he'll be thrilled and deeply delighted that YOU made it especially and only for HIM!! You're awesome!
    c (hope my long note made its way to you - computer issues abound!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a couple ready to mail too...no more putting off purchasing that US stamp! I'm off to do it now. The boys will feel so special with this adorable card to make them giggle. Inspiring. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHHH! This is just tooooo sweet! I read their story-- oh! My heart hurts for their family! It's so nice to see so many people sending cards to these kids!! I have it on my list of things to do! MUST get that card done ASAP!

    LOVE the background and the little bear-- adorable card! I'm sure the kids will love it! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!