Thursday, August 29, 2013

On the Slant

Hello!

Today's card is for this week's Paper Players Challenge #160.   I really wanted to play along - it's been a while, and I just love playing along with this challenge blog!  They mix up their challenges between sketches, colour schemes, themes, etc.  And, I love how they take the time to describe why cards were chosen as a winner (Headliner!) or runner-up (Cut Above!) - I really think that this adds such a special touch.  I noticed that other blogs do this as well, and just love it!  I'm also going to enter this into the Case Study Challenge this week - always a source of amazing inspiration.  The one and only Jennifer McGuire is the muse!

This week the challenge is a sketch.  Anything on a diagonal is always a stretch for me, but I really wanted to try it out.

Here's the sketch:

Here's the Case Study inspiration:

And here's my card:


I used the wood veneer heart and arrow in place of the chevrons, but other than that I kept true to the sketch.  I used a few things that were already on my desk, including the word bubble, which I had originally cut out for yesterdays card, but later decided to go with a more oval bubble on that one.  I also used a flower stamp to subtly fancy up the background in grey ink.  You might also recognize that stamp from yesterday's card  (although it was much less subtle on that card!).  Other stamps used are from The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS), Paper Smooches and Studio Calico (the arrows).  My sweet discovery today: I was able to easily snip the wood veneer arrow with just my craft scissors so that I could nestle the wood veneer heart in between both ends!  Loved that!!

That's it for me today!
Thank you as always for visiting!!
Shannon

18 comments:

  1. Love it!! You ALWAYS rock the cute stuffs!!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You always make things so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! I love that you switched the chevrons to the wood heart-- what a fab design! LOVE LOVE LOVE those papers! You've really been on a crafty roll! LOOOOOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the arrows. And that word bubble is pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have ROCKED both these challenges, my friend! LOVE the slant, the hugs bubble, the arrows (zero of those in my stash...must add to list), and the special touch that I adore: the Shannon "heart" that has found just the perfect place to nestle! Absolutely LOVE x ADORE this card! Are you giving it to a 'specific' somebody?? A guaranteed day-brightener, smile maker and all-around spirit uplifter! FABULOUS!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, adorable card! Those arrows and hearts are so sweet, and the speech bubble is perfect! Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Shannon! Love your use of the arrow stamps and that sweet wooden heart. Great take on our sketch. Thank you for you kind words about our challenge...I'm so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sketch and your take on it with the speech bubble!
    Fun, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep....winner, winner with this card! There is nothing on this card that isn't perfect!!! Seriously!

    The layout/design is perfectly balanced, your elements work so well together - especially tucking the wee heart within the arrow (creative genius at work there), the movement that you have created by pointing the arrows towards the speech bubble, the rounded corners that work so well with the bubble and the heart, the fabulous support background - a subtle and pretty base that allows other elements to shine! Everything is PERFECT!

    You rocked this card! Honestly, magazine worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the balance of layout, color and pattern. Pinned this winner to the TAWS Friends board :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great use of the sketch! Cute stamps made even cuter with your use of one wood arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shannon! What a fun card. The arrows are so neat and a great take on the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is super sweet and trendy! Love all the arrows! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card, Shannon! Congratulations on being TOP 3.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card - Congrats on CASE Study Top 3~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is so cute! Love the big pink Hey with the wooden arrow pointing at it. Great layout! Congrats on winning Top 3 at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the trends packed it to the sweet card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!