Day 3 today of Summer Camp Class! So.much.fun!!! This week is focussed on three sketches and one colour palette. Honestly, at the start of the week, I thought I would quickly tire of using the same colours every day. But that hasn't been the case. Each day brings a new challenge, and new inspiration to see the colours in another light. Today was also full of inspiration from guest artists. My card today is inspired almost entirely by Laura Bassen's video. I used sketch #2 again (I'm struggling with #1, but I am determined to use that sketch before the week is through!).
Inspiration from Laura:
- use paper scrap stash to create the panels
- colour bling with copics to match them to your card (who knew?!!)
- I'm not a big fan of the gems, so I only used a little one on the stork's bag, but had to try this out!
- stitching (I couldn't stitch or sew if my life depended on it, so I had to go with faux!)
Inspiration from Kristina Werner:
- selective inking (she did this on day 1 with her bee antennae, I did it for my stork's feet)
- stitching as well - she did some faux too - phew, I feel better!
And here's the card:
Obviously not a birthday card, so I didn't get a chance to complete the fifth birthday card for my Mom. But maybe I will have some success with that pesky sketch #1 later and will be able to complete her "order"!
Thanks for the visit!