Monday, February 25, 2013

Priceless Butterfly!

Hello!

I was just so happy to play along with a challenge today!  But...I'm going to share that with you tomorrow.  Today I have the last of the cards that I made on Saturday.  This one, another free-style, is for another lady at work who asked me to make a "just because" card for a little girl.  I used the butterfly from the TAWS Priceless Joy set, and the clouds are from TAWS Trees Company (they are tree tops that work beautifully as clouds).  The sentiment is Paper Smooches.

And here it is:



That butterfly. I just love it. It is so perfect colouring, paper piecing, anything. I find it's a perfect size as well, and really stands out as the focal point of any card.

Hope you like it!  And thank you so much for looking!
I'll be back tomorrow with my Retro Sketch challenge card that I made today.
Shannon :)

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet, Shannon! The colors, the butterfly, the clouds - everything looks great! Thank you for all of the sweet comments that you leave on my blog, too! They always make my day! I'm glad that I've "met" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured the 'essence' of a 'little girl' wonderfully with this card; she will be happy-dance thrilled with the adorable butterfly, "just because." Love how you showcase the versatility of every set/stamp you use; I saw "Priceless Joy," thought "babies" - but here you are, 'seeing' it through a broader lens. You and 'creative' = perfect partners!
    Apparently, we had synchronized butterfly thoughts, as you'll see on my card I entered for my 'combined challenges' entry. I hope I linked those two properly! So many challenges, I wind up discombobulated (in a good way...I hope!).
    Sent you a note yesterday from my email; in the midst of the 'tech turmoil' here, I'm hoping it landed safely with you. Let me know when you have a free moment. I'll touch base later - until then, I'm sending you 'warm thoughts on butterfly wings' for a splendid, lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment - I appreciate them so much!